My love

My love
Photo credit:Britt Lanicek Photography

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Ecclesiastes 3:1 A Time for Everything

At the risk of wearing my heart on my sleeve, which comes naturally for me, I am blogging my journey of self discovery. I am opening myself to comments, criticism, but most of all accountability and support from YOU. I have allowed myself to stay in a pattern of self distruction for far too long and its time for change. God has created us to be bold and self disciplined. 2 Timothy 1: 7 says "For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and self-discipline." I have taken on a spirit of timidity and have allowed myself to be ruled by my fleshly desires instead of being led by the Holy Spirit. This has resulted in negative effects in all areas of myself. I am currently 100 lbs overweight and battling occasional anxiety and depression. I can sit back and place blame on many circumstances that I have gone through in my 28 yrs of life, but I am trying to look beyond those circumstances and look to the God who has a plan and purpose for everything. Under the direction of God, I plan to blog at least once a week and give updates on my spiritual and physical progress as I try to navigate through life. I have found that I do best in obtaining my goals by having accountability. Thats where YOU come in :). Just knowing that you are reading these posts, and praying for my success will mean the world to me. So here we go....

1 comment:

  1. You know I love you and want the best for you. Good luck on your journey, I know that we all need to look to God to lead us instead of thinking we lead our own lives.
    Love you and can't wait to get with you again!

    ReplyDelete